PLEASE HELP!I WILL PAY YOU

524SUPPORT
  • 2003 FORD RANGER
I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY 2003 FORD RANGER EDGE PICKUP.A WEEK AGO I DIDNT GET ANY ACCELERATION AND I HEARD POPPING SOUNDS.I CHANGED THE SPARK PLUGS AND AFTER A WHILE I REPLACED THE SPARK PLUGS AGAIN AND THEY WERE BURNT LIKE GAS WASNT GOING TO THE FUEL INJECTORS AND INTO THE CYLINDER.I TAKE TO A MECHANIC FOR A DIAGNOSTIC. THEN WITHOUT MY PERMISSION THEY REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP FUEL, PULSE DAMPER, TEMP SEND W GAUGE, COOLANT TEMP SENDER, OXYGEN SENSOR, FUEL FILTER. CAN ALL THE FUEL INJECTORS GO BAD AT THE SAME TIME. THE MECHANIC SAID THAT ONE OF THE FUEL INJECTORS WERE BAD AND NOW HE REPLACED ALL OF THEM? HE SAID THAT SINCE ONE OF THE INJECTORS WENT BAD THATS WHY HES GETTING AN UNEVEN VOLTAGE 6 ON ONE SIDE AND 10 ON THE OTHER AND WHEN HE REPLACES THE INJECTOR THAT BOTH SIDES WILL BE THE SAME AT 8. PLEASE HELP.I THINK THIS GUY IS TRYING TO FOOL ME. HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO CHARGE ME 700 DOLLARS TO DO EVERYTHING.I SAID OK. TODAY HE CALLS ME TO GO IN AND HE SAYS IT IS 2000 DOLLARS NOW.I CANT AFFORD IT IM A DISABLED AIR FORCE SERVICE MEMBER RECEIVING DISABILITY PAYMENTS.I ONLY MAKE 12K A YEAR TO SURVIVE. PLEASE HELP ME.I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. IF THIS MECHANIC MADE REPAIRS THAT I DIDNT AUTHORIZE CAN HE CHARGE ME.I HAVE NOT SIGNED ONE PIECE OF PAPER. THERE IS NOTHING BUT A VERBAL AGREEMENT TO DIAGNOSE THE TRUCK AND REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP AND ONE FUEL INJECTOR AND SENSORS FOR A TOTAL COST OF 700 DOLLARS. IS HE GOING TO REMOVE EVERYTHING AND DESTROY MY TRUCK. PLEASE HELP ME. IF YOU HELP ME I MEAN REALLY HELP ME I WILL ASK MORE QUESTIONS WITH LARGER DONATION AMOUNTS JUST FOR YOU.I NEED REAL HELP.I HAVE ASKED QUESTIONS BEFORE AND ATTACH A DONATION AMOUNT AND I DIDNT REALLY GET REAL ANSWERS, BUT IF YOU HELP ME I WILL PAY YOU AND MAKE IT WORTH YOUR TIME AND EXPERIANCE. THANK YOU
Friday, December 17th, 2010 AT 9:40 PM

524SUPPORT
I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT HE ALSO REPLACED ALL6 FUEL INJECTORS.I THOUGHT FUEL INJECTORS ALMOST NEVER GO BAD DUE TO RE ENGINEERING.I KNOW BEFORE THEY WOULD GO BAD ALL THE TIME
Friday, December 17th, 2010 AT 9:55 PM
DAVE'S BIG BACKYARD!
Omg I think your car tec is playing the swap game, and no I have never seen all injectors go bad at once not even in a older car. Tell him not to do any more work on it, pay him for what he has done cuz he's got you by the balls on that one, then take your car to a trusted place that you feal good about. Good luck and hope I helped.P.S sounds like a bad ground or a bad vac leak, hope it is after all that.
Saturday, December 18th, 2010 AT 2:48 AM
WRENCHTECH
I don't know what state you live in and don't know the laws for every state but most all states have laws governing repair authorizations and what is allowed. I'm in Florida and in this state you have to sign a form stating whether you want a written estimate or not they cannot exceed $100 without your expressed approval. You are likely not responsible for these repairs if you can show you didn't approve them. You may have to just call the police to escort you down to remove your vehicle.
Saturday, December 18th, 2010 AT 1:36 PM
WRENCHTECH
In the future, please do not post duplicate questions
Saturday, December 18th, 2010 AT 1:42 PM
524SUPPORT
THANKX A LOT YOU REALLY HELPED ME. GOD BLESS YOU
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 1:47 AM
DAVE'S BIG BACKYARD!
Any time, hope every thing go well for you and happy holidays.
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 1:53 AM
524SUPPORT
THANKX EVERYONE.I WENT over to the mechanic today and he explained it to me. He said that he thinks I have bad gasing procedures. He says that after a while gas impurities acculmilats in the fuel tank and if you forget to put gas in the tank and get gas when you have 25 tank or 1/2 tank that those impurities will goto the a filter on the fuel pump, then the fuel filter then the injectors. He said 2 injectors went bad but he wants to replace all of them. Can I ask for the old injectors. Can I ask for the old parts.I mean they wer eon my truck and were my property. What if he says he got rid of them. He said hes going to work with me.I only have 700 and that was the original estamate. He said I could make payments for the rest totaling 1900. He replaced the entire fuel system. Of cource that going to fix the prob. Inexperiance f-16 avionic specialist like me did this. We would keep swapping parts out untill it fixed the problem, resulting in a quick fix with no heartache but a huge bill for the tax payer. Usually over 250k for one repair

I believe that if I went to an experiance mechanic it would have cost me less. The mechanic told me that he never saw this problem before and he tried but his inexperiance caused him to start swapping parts and eventually replace the entire fuel system. It turned out to be one fuel injector, but he didnt think it was the fuel injector becuase they rarly go bad. So he replaced the fuel pump. Still. Then he replaced the fuel filter. Still. Then he kept going down the line till the injectors. The last thing turned out to be the issue.I never signed anything and when they made me aware of the increase in estamate from 700 to 1900 the assistance told me that the mechanice already started. What could I say. Other then " I dont know if I can get this money.I did alot to get 700 and its almost imposible to get 1900. So they said they will work with me by payments. They also charges me 350 for a fuel pump 60 for 6 fuel injectors 90 oxygen sensor.I went on the internet and found all these parts for half of what he is charging me, but I understand I wouldnt take a steak to a resturaunt, but come one. If I had the money I would but I just dont have it.I never know when im going to get a seisure. Well after everything going to iraq the attack my friends gone. Ive learned to find peace in that everthing happens as the lord wills it. Bad thing happen but they happen to prevent even worse things from happening.I have to think this way. Its the only way I could find
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 2:30 AM
WRENCHTECH
It sounds like you're being coaxed into paying for something you didn't authorize. When a job develops into more that was originally identified and the shop didn't warn that it could be a possibility, it's their problem, not yours. I still think your being conned and you should remove your vehicle.
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 2:35 AM
DAVE'S BIG BACKYARD!
Yes get it out of there please!
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 11:45 PM
524SUPPORT
THANKX FOR YOUR HELP.I NEVER SIGNED ANYTHING.I AM WILLING TO PAY THE 700 I AGREED TO BUT I HAVE TO GO TO THE MECHANIC ON MONDAY AND HE SAID HE IS GOING TO HAVE IT READY FOR ME. IF HE MAKES ME SIGN SOMETHING IM NOT GOING TO DO IT. IM GOING TO SAY WE NEVER SIGNED ANYTHING UNTILL NOW. MY UNCLE IS A COP HERE. CAN I TELL HIM TO COME WITH ME THERE AND REMOVE MY VEHICAL.I SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS RIGHT.I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT.I TOOK IT THERE FOR A DIAGNOSIS. THEN HE SAID HE ALREADY CHANGED OUT PARTS AND ITS GOING TO BE 700.I AGREED THEN 2 DAYS LATER HE SAID ITS GOING TO BE 1900 AND I SAID DID HE ALREADY DO THE WORK AND THE ASSISTANT SAID YES. THEN I SAID I DONT KNOW IF IM GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET THE MONEY SO THEY TOLD ME I COULD PAY PAYMENTS AFTER THE DEPOSIT OF 700 DOLLARS.
Monday, December 20th, 2010 AT 2:10 AM
WRENCHTECH
If you authorized $700, then you stick with that. They will try to get you to admit a verbal authorization. They way the law works in most states is they can get a "mechanics lien" for the amount of the authorized repair. That should be $700 but you need to make it clear to them that you do not want the other repairs.
Monday, December 20th, 2010 AT 2:14 AM