CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS COMING ON AND OFF

2003 Ford Fusion

cazza

January, 12, 2012 AT 12:08 AM

Hi my name is cazza and I hav a ford fusion 3 and my managment light keeps coming on and of I hav had it fixed and it came back on but goes off again and my petrol gauge somtimes moves from one line to half a line so I dnt realy know wewr I am with my petrol. I hav had th problem fixed thy said it was a sensor on the exsors tha makes the managment light come one I thought the problem was fixed only to find that the light comes back on but goes off and was wondering if its anything to do with the petrol gauge because that goes up and down as if I have a dip in the petrol tank please please help me

rivermikerat

January, 12, 2012 AT 12:13 AM

Have the fuel pressure tested. Then clamp off the fuel return line from the regulator and test again. I'm guessing that the sensor you had replaced was on the exhaust. That would be the oxygen sensor. Try cleaning the MAF/MAP sensor. MAF sensor will be on the air intake horn tubing; MAP sensor will be on the intake manifold.