Won't start

WEEKSPENA
  • 2003 FORD F-150
I was driveing down the road in my 2003 ford f150 and all the lights went dim along with the guages going down like it was going to die so I gave it some gas then everything went back to normal later when I was parked I went to start it and it would not start instead every time I turned the key the lights would dim and the power locks went up and down and started clicking over and over even when I turned the key back off and took it out it keep clicking over night and into the next day took the battery off and then put it back on and its not clicking anymore but still won't start had the starter and alternator checked both fine what could cause this
Saturday, November 20th, 2010 AT 4:45 AM

Is it cranking over and will not start or just won't crank at all/nothing when you turn key to starting position?
Saturday, November 20th, 2010 AT 4:48 AM
Cranks but no start condition:

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

No crank at all/nothing/nada when key is engage to starting position

Could be a blown fusible link, the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch/transmission position switch and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good. Note:If it doesn't apply disregard.

Get back with some testing results so that we can continue to assist
Saturday, November 20th, 2010 AT 4:51 AM