Disable the alarm system

JAWDOG1962
  • 2003 FORD EXPLORER

How do I disable the alarm system (security system) on my 2003 ford explorer.(Securelink) thanks, Leo Sweeney

Sunday, December 23rd, 2012 AT 8:51 PM

JAWDOG1962
  • 2003 FORD EXPLORER
  • MERGED

HOW CAN DISABLE (remove)THE SECURILOCK, PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM. I lost the keys and I no longer need the Securilock anti-theft system. I would like to remove it from car, Is it mounted in the rear, on drivers side. Thanks, Leo S, (dedham ma.).

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 AT 10:41 PM
ASEMASTER6371
  • MERGED

Cannot do this operation. You have to secure new keys and have the dealer program the system.

-1
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 AT 10:41 PM
THEMINDZI4220
  • 2002 FORD EXPLORER
  • MERGED

Hello I have a 2002 explorer xlt 4.0 and was parked other day, went to get in and start but car would not turn over or anything, had full power to everything. Anti theft is flashing rapidly, we did troubleshoot process to get to the pats system and know thats the problem. We do not have a remote and were ripped by dealer that sold car to us. The key we have wont even turn backwards. And antitheft has already been bypassed before looks like due to a wire acting as a jumper or something, wrapping around open wires and taped, was on power windows wire in pats harness. I dont know but seems like they who sold to us had problem with system and used a metal wire to act as jumper or bypass to make key they had work. And never gave us a remote. So I need help please I am a disabled veteran with low funds and have been ripped off enough.

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 AT 10:41 PM
MHPAUTOS
  • MERGED

This does sound a mess, I really think that this will have to be looked at first hand, rind about for a few estimates or ask if anyone will look at it and then quote first.

-2
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 AT 10:41 PM
JAROSLAW1980
  • 2004 FORD EXPLORER
  • MERGED

Computer problem
2004 Ford Explorer 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

Recently I bought 2004 Ford Explorer XLT .
Car is equiped with anti theft system which disbles the power and car won't start until I push button on small like remote with "Stealth" name on which was attached to the ignition key.

Could you give me advise how to disable this "Stealth"
system or who is making this system to get second remote .
I could not find it on Web

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/346012_Stealth_1.jpg

Thank You

Jerry

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 AT 10:41 PM
JASONRAY
  • MERGED

I'm not familiar with it by name but I take a lot of aftermarket security systems off vehicles. They're usually a pretty simple system. Most just interrupt the starter. If so, it's just a matter of removing the 'box' and reconnecting the starter wire from the ignition switch. As far as getting another remote, I'm clueless. You might check with some aftermarket dealers and see if there's a 'universal' remote that can be programmed.

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 AT 10:41 PM
DEMO_CHICK05
  • 1996 FORD EXPLORER
  • MERGED

1996 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

How do I disable the alarm? I disconnected the amp and the alarm went off. The only way to shut it off now is to disconnect the battery or unplug the fuse, but not everything is working without it.

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 AT 10:41 PM
  • MERGED

Is this a factory alarm system? If so, there really isn't any way around it. Is the vehicle even starting for you?

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 AT 10:41 PM
DEMO_CHICK05
  • MERGED

Yes the alarm is factory. The only way to get the truck started is to remove the fuse that runs it, but now the windows won't work.

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 AT 10:41 PM
  • MERGED

The only thing you can do it take it to a dealer. They are the only ones that have the proper test equipment to check and diagnose the system.

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 AT 10:41 PM