Check ADVTRAC

BRETTDG
  • 2003 FORD EXPEDITION
In the past week my ADVTRAC on my 03' Expedition has turned itself off twice. The first time I was driving and I heard the "ding" and the message center said "check ADVTRAC". When I arrived at work I shut off the truck, when I left the ADVTRAC was back on. No issues for a week until today when I washed the car. I pulled it out of the car wash and parked it for a while. When I got back in and started it I heard the "ding" again and once again the message center said "check ADVTRAC", but this time the ABS light came on as well. What could be the problem? Will I cause damage to the truck by driving it in this condition?
Tuesday, December 21st, 2010 AT 8:27 PM

It sounds like a speed sensor issue. There are 2 sensors. If the back wheels slip, the sensor recognizes that they are turning faster than the front wheels and lock in the front. If you have a bad sensor, this will happen and the ABS light can come on too. What you need to do is have the computer scanned when the light is on to identify where the problem is actually coming from.

Have that done and let me k now what you find.

-2
Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 AT 5:55 AM
BILLS ONLY
People keep saying sensor issues but nobody is saying where these sensors are? Leading me to believe they dont know or they will nor say. Another place wantd me to pay $5.00 up front to secure a mecanic then $33.00 to continue to talk with a mechanic. Wow talk about riping the public off eh? All I want to know where these avtrac sensors are so I can replace them. But greed seems to be needed first. Leading me to believe money talks and no money get lost.
Pleade tell me where these avtrac sensors are. Thanks
I read a purple wire behind the drivers side kick panel. Supposed to be 1 wire into a 3 way split coming out of A post? But mine had 2 purple wires 1 had a pink line on it and both are there only wires that does not go into a aplit 3 way wire. So I am lost now. 2 years and still the same thing. This purple wire controls the 4x4 system as well as the heated seats and the lights and stereo don't turn off whenever the doors open. I am not able to find this wire, what color wire is this wire actually? So sevetal issues from the Avtrac system are being affected. So any help will be greatly appreciated.
-1
Wednesday, November 29th, 2017 AT 3:33 PM
KEN

This is a problem witt he ABS system which needs to be scanned for a code that will lead us to the problem.

Here is a video so you can watch how it is done

https://youtu.be/rTtAnsOlZU4

Here is a guide

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/abs-warning-light-on-easy-repair-guide

If you don't have a scanner you can check the ABS wheel speed sensors by using this guide

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/abs-wheel-speed-sensor-test

and if it is bad this will give you an idea of what you are in for when changing the sensor out.

Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken

+1
Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 AT 3:25 PM