TRANSMISSION LEAK

2003 Dodge Neon

gibby2433

May, 22, 2011 AT 6:16 PM

I have a 2003 Dodge Neon. I went to back out of driveway and it wouldn't move in reverse, just revved like in neutral. Did move in drive. Then noticed a large puddle of fluid (transmission?) Under the car. This came out of nowhere, ran fine just that morning. Is this just a leaking hose somewhere or something much more serious?

caradiodoc

May, 22, 2011 AT 8:32 PM

Kind of hard to tell over a computer. Someone is going to have to actually look at it to see what is leaking. A hose is a good possibility since there isn't much else that will leak that fast.

gibby2433

May, 23, 2011 AT 12:43 PM

Thanks for the reply, caradiodoc. Yeah I understand what you mean. I'm going to my dealer today to explain the issue. I started it yesterday to check the fluid level and it was clearly leaking out fast. The problem was I couldn't tell exactly where the leak was coming from. I'm hoping since this just started all of a sudden out of nowhere that it's as simple as a seal or tear in a hose. Take care!