HEATER CORE REPLACEMENT

• mattdscott
  • 2003 Dodge Neon
  • automatic

I'm trying to replace the heater core on my 03 dodge neon, and have reached a point of confusion. I have the haynes repair manuel and it has been great so far untill you get to chapter 11 and begin removing the instrument panel. CH 11, section 23, steps 12-15 do not have illustrations or references to previous section/chapters so I have no idea where these parts are that I need to take off. I need to "disconnect the data link connector", "remove the instrument panel support mounting bolts", "remove the A-pillar-to-instrument panel mounting bolts(two on each side), and disconnect the antenna right side connector". If anyone has diagrams/pictures of those steps it would be much appreciated. I'm in the navy and really need to get my car functional soon.

Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 AT 12:57 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

The data link is under the dash on the left side of the brake (it is a plug where a scanner plugs in). The the mounting bolts for the inst panel, is nothing more than a support bar that attaches from the inst panel to the sheet metal for support. The A-pillar is where the dash bolts to the sides of the interior. The antanna can be disconnected at the stereo rear.

Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 AT 1:19 PM