Why is my transmission fluid leaking?

PLOLLY
  • 2003 CHRYSLER CONCORDE
I recently took my car ('03 Chrysler Concorde) to Midas to get an oil change. They changed the oil, changed my air filter, checked my tire balance and replaced some brake bulbs. They also did a free service to make sure everything is working properly and nothing out of the ordinary was found. The next day I drove my car to my parent's house and they noticed my car was leaking some fluid. I took it back to Midas to check it out and they said the transmission fluid was leaking and it was going to cost me 100$ to repair. The mechanic said he THINKS the clamp on the transmission hose is loose. I'm just wondering why all of the sudden, AFTER I get my car serviced, the transmission fluid is leaking. It was not leaking until the day after I took it in for my oil change. Would this be their mistake that they should have to repair for free? Is there any way I can make them take responsibility for the leak or is it just a coincidence that this happened? Any advice/comments would help, thank you!
Tuesday, October 25th, 2011 AT 7:56 PM

MERLIN2021
The only possibility is they bumped a weak transmission line and caused a leak that would have happened soon anyway.
Wednesday, October 26th, 2011 AT 12:13 PM

Sponsored links