Tahoe Oil Pressure/ Fuel Gague

SCHOOLMAN
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TAHOE
I have a 2003 Chev Tahoe. Both the fuel level gague and oil pressure gague are not working correctly. I have had the oil pressure gague sensor replaced. Work for a short time then returned to it's none working state. Before I replace the oil presure sensor again and drop the fule tank to replace the fuel level sensor. Is there anything else I should be looking at or checking? Seems odd that both gagues are not work. Short? Fuse issue. Help!
Sunday, December 26th, 2010 AT 3:59 PM

MERLIN2021
This is a GMC Tech Bulliten, and this is your first step. Also these newer trucks REQUIRE a scan of the system to pinpoint faults!INSPECTION OF RELATED WIRING HARNESS CONNECTIONS WHEN DIAGNOSING MISC. DTCS, INTERMITTENT DRIVEABILITY CONCERNS, HARD START, NO
START, INCORRECT GAUGES, INOP I/C SYSTEMS, SES/4WD LAMPS
ILLUMINATED
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Reference Number(s): 03-06-04-012A, Date of Issue: August 10, 2005
Affected
Model(s):
2006 and Prior Cars and Light Duty Trucks 2003-2006 HUMMER H2 2006
HUMMER H3 2005-2006 Saab 9-7X
Supercedes:
This bulletin is being revised to add models, model years and additional
information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 03-06-04-012 (Section 06 -
Engine/Propulsion System).
Related Ref Number(s): 03-06-04-012, 03-06-04-012A
ARTICLE BEGINNING
SERVICE INFORMATION
When servicing a vehicle for any type of customer concern, the following steps are imperative.
Inspect and ensure the integrity of all related wiring harness connectors. If the wiring harness
connectors are not properly put together or engaged before they are locked together, numerous
types of intermittent conditions may occur, which may include any of the symptoms listed above
and possibly others.
The first step in any type of electrical diagnosis is a visual and physical inspection of the wiring
harness connectors for integrity. Many times, the vehicle may be repaired just by disconnecting
and reconnecting the connectors. As with all repairs to wiring harness connectors and terminals, a
pull test of the terminals within the connector should be performed. A pull test is performed by
inserting the proper size terminal test tool (not a paper clip) into the terminal to determine whether
or not the terminal is making good contact, or whether the terminal has been damaged from the
prior improper connection or lack of connection.
NOTE:
Most terminals used in current module connectors (ECM, BCM,
EBTCM and the like) are small 0.64 mm sq. Terminals and can be
damaged by probing with the wrong tool.
The J 35616-64A or B probe has been designed for these terminals that may be both a round or
square design.
For example, if the Connector C2 of the engine wiring harness to the Powertrain Control Module
(PCM), for the 2.2L equipped Cavalier or Sunfire is not properly seated into the PCM:
The cam lock lever may close, however improperly.

The cam lock lever may even snap out of position.

The vehicle may have an intermittent condition with any one of the components which are
controlled or monitored by the PCM.

THE CAM LOCK LEVER IS DESIGNED TO PULL (OR ASSIST) THE CONNECTOR INTO
ITS FINAL POSITION ONCE IT HAS BEEN PRESSED STRAIGHT INTO THE PCM
Page 1 of 2
INSPECTION OF RELATED WIRING HARNESS CONNECTIONS WHEN DIAGNO.
12/26/2010

HEADER PAST THE INITIAL DETENT, ALLOWING THE LEVER TO BE MOVED INTO
THE LOCKED POSITION. It is not only a retainer but an assist during the connection process.
When the wiring harness connector is properly connected to the PCM, a snap will be heard when
the connector is in position to be fully seated. The cam lock lever may then be closed. The cam
lock lever will then do its designated job as both an assist and ensuring the connector does not
come apart due to vibration or other types of conditions found in vehicles as they travel down the
highway.
Remember, if a terminal (metal) or the connector (plastic) is damaged, they should be replaced.
DO NOT replace the complete wiring harness assembly. Some harnesses are now on order
restriction since most harness damage can be repaired.
Terminals and terminal removal tools are in the J 38125 Terminal Repair Kit and pigtails or
complete connectors can be obtained through normal parts ordering procedures OR from GMSPO
and Saab PDC along with tape or conduit.

Page 2 of 2
12/26/2010
Sunday, December 26th, 2010 AT 4:13 PM