Will not start

BIGBUBBA1497
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have a 2003 Chevy 1500 V6 with a little over 147xxx miles. The other night I went to start it to let it get warm. I came back inside and 20 minutes later I went back out and it had died. I tried starting it and nothing, it will not turn over. The only reason I can think of to why it won't start is the clutch safety switch but this doesn't explain why it died. I will admit that the truck was almost out of gas. When I try to start it I don't even hear the fuel pump. I know this is a lot of info but what are your thoughts?
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 8:26 PM

Is your security lite on or flashing, when you try to start?

Also, I'd have to be sure the battery has full charge? Check all battery connections coming and going, you can't tell by looking, You have to take loose, make sure all contact areas are clean, retighten. Do the headlites work, anything?

With key in the crank position, the purple wire at your starter solenoid S terminal should be hot.
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 9:03 PM