2003 Chevrolet Silverado the heater blower dont work

DDMORRIS
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
The resistor and pigtail was burnt up so I replaced them but still no voltage to the motor although there is voltage to the red wire that goes into the resistor but wont go on to the motor. The 40 amp fuse is good in the box under the hood also there is no voltage at the fuse (30 amp) in the fusebox in the drivers side dash panel
Wednesday, September 18th, 2013 AT 8:15 PM

TY ANDERSON
Did you say you replaced both the pigtail and the resistor? If yes to both then are you getting a ground a the resistor black wire? If you apply power and ground to the blower does it spin?
The air condition main unit controls the fans speed on the Purple with a white stripe wire.
If you have power and ground to the resistor you should have power and ground at the motor.
Let me know what you find, TY
Wednesday, September 18th, 2013 AT 8:47 PM
DDMORRIS
Yes I replaced the resistor and the pigtail. I don't know if there is ground at the black wire. Yes I put 12 volts to the motor and it ran. There is still no power at the 30 amp fuse in the fuse box on the drivers side dash panel. I found a hot wire coming from the ignition switch( koeo) and ran a wire from it to the brown wire on the back of the fan switch. Everything works now but when I start the truck with the a/c on, the drivers side vents put out hot air and the passenger side puts out good cold air. What would I have done to make this do that?
Thursday, September 19th, 2013 AT 7:36 PM
TY ANDERSON
Are you checking for power with the engine running? This fuse is supplied with power only with the key on engine running.
As for the vents, try disconnecting the battery so the a/c system can reset itself and initialize electronic motors that control the vents. Try this and get back to me, Ty
Tuesday, September 24th, 2013 AT 6:36 PM