2003 Chevrolet Silverado Reduced engine power

JOHN2500HD
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have a 2500 hd chevy when I start it, it goes start into reduced power or limp mode I kill it and wait then start it back up it will run fine until I touch the gas peddle then it will go back into limp mode. I have a code reader and I can clear it with that sometimes but most of the time I have to kill it and wait. I have changed to throttle body and throttle body position censor and the peddle position censor multiple times and it still does it I have changed ecm and my computer flashed to where it didnt even know the code and it still goes into limp mode. I have took a cuircit tester and tested all the wires from the peddle to the computer and from the computer to the throttle body and came up empty. So any info would be helpful.
Monday, November 3rd, 2014 AT 9:40 AM

Send us the code so we can investigate further. This may need a pro to look at it however. There is a TSB on this maybe for yours vehicle, see if the fuel injector harness has rubbed through on back of alternator. If it has this may be your problem and best ix is to repair the wires and install new conduit. You will need to remove the electrical connectors in pic.
+1
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 AT 12:37 PM