If this doesn't work you may have to try cleaning the remote.
* Resynchronization may be necessary due to the security method used by the remote keyless entry system. The transmitter does not send the same signal twice to the passenger door module (PDM).
* The PDM will not respond to a signal that has been sent previously. This prevents anyone from recording and playing back the signal from the transmitter.
* The panic button should still operate normally when the system is out of synchronization.
* Resynchronization may be necessary under the following conditions: * The battery in the transmitter is very weak.
* The battery in the transmitter was replaced.
* The battery in the vehicle has been in a low or no charge condition for an extended period of time.
* In order to resynchronize the transmitter with the PDM, perform the following steps: 0.1. Stand within 1.5 meters (5 ft) from the vehicle.
0.2. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter for 7 seconds. The door locks should cycle in order to confirm resynchronization.