2003 Chevrolet Silverado electrical problem

WESLEYMCCROREY
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Ok my problem started a couple weeks ago I am needing a fix quickly I change a burnt out bulb on the truck and that's when it all started I came outbid the hotel and when I cranked it over and took off the battery charging light came on I drove around it is justflashing on and off so I looked for some kind of short caused by me couldn't find anything so I took it to oriellys to check the alternator he ran a check it came out good and he checked the battery it was at 58 percent I started the truck to leave and all the gauges on my cluster wouldn't come on I drove back to hotel and parked for the night the next morning I took off to work the cluster working again but the battery light still coming on and off but when I gave it a good amount of gas the battery gauge jumped to normal and it seemed to quit and everything was normal I started it later same thing I just revved it up and it stopped when I went to leave work the cluster was off again and I continued driving and it suddlenly came back on after 45 min of driving and everything seemed normal so I continued home for the next 3 hours of my drive everything was good till I got about 45 minutes to my house and the battery charging light starteddoing it again and this time wouldn't stop I parked it's for a week or two and started it yesterday abd now the light won't quit coming on and off it comes on for a min or so and then flashes off then back on the gauge sits right above the quarter line and it seems like it's starting to get lower and lower I work on the road so I need my truck help me please oh another thing I recently had to change my water pump on the side of the road it flung the belt off I still have the same belt the belt looked good Idk if that has anything to do with it
Friday, January 24th, 2014 AT 5:52 PM

MLDANIELS2000
Check battery terminals for possible corrosion or looseness. Check harness plug at rear of alternator for cut wires. Check alternator output wire for tightness. Check connection to amp meter on negative cable near battery (large black plastic ring sensor around cable). Just check over wiring really good for damage to harness coverings
Friday, January 24th, 2014 AT 6:36 PM
WESLEYMCCROREY
That was the main thing I did I checked everything really good cause I thought I might have moved something wrong when I changed the bulb I thought I might have a short somewhere but nothing at all caught my eye everything seemed fine the bulb had been burned out for awhile I just now got around to changing it before this truck has been sitting in a field for three years before I fixed the transmission and over the past few months it has been one thing after another on it
Friday, January 24th, 2014 AT 6:44 PM
MLDANIELS2000
I would suggest pulling the instrument panel and checking the wiring behind it for cuts or damage. Possible mice or rats could have chewed through wiring in dash. Also check harness going from battery side of engine compartment though the firewall.
Friday, January 24th, 2014 AT 6:49 PM
WESLEYMCCROREY
Like underneath the fuse box area that sits right behind the battery you don't think it could be the belt not catching the alternator lol I'm trying to hope for an easy solution
Friday, January 24th, 2014 AT 7:08 PM
MLDANIELS2000
You can try to spin alternator pulley with belt off. Possible part of belt rib could have wedged behind pulley next to case of alternator.
Friday, January 24th, 2014 AT 7:11 PM
MLDANIELS2000
But a thorough check of all areas explained may be best bet. Quick fixes are awesome when time is an issue. Visual checks are best ways to resolve quick fixes.
Friday, January 24th, 2014 AT 7:13 PM