ENGINE KEEPS OVERHEATING

• pmannin
  • 2003 Chevrolet Malibu

Where can I find the intake and out flow hoses to the heater core to flush it. It might be clogged. I just done a complete a full gasket change on the gm 3100 engine. And now my car keeps over heating. Trying to figure out how to burp the lines and if that dont work. How do I flush the heater core. Wheres the hose location or diagram.

Monday, January 21st, 2013 AT 6:21 AM

• saturntech9

The heater core if it was clogged wouldn't cause a overheat. Is both upper and lower radiator hoses getting too hot to hold?

Monday, January 21st, 2013 AT 6:47 AM
  • saturntech9

Also is the radiator fan working and blowing really hot air out of it when it turns on?

Monday, January 21st, 2013 AT 6:48 AM
  • saturntech9

Plus is the radiator fan blowing tons of air out of it?

Monday, January 21st, 2013 AT 6:48 AM
  • pmannin

The driver side hose that leads to the water pump is jot. The two on rhe passanger side are cold. Yes thw gan kicks on hard and blows a ton of air.

Monday, January 21st, 2013 AT 2:52 PM
  • pmannin

Im sorry the driver side hose that runs from the radiator to the thermostat gets that hot the one that goes to the passanger side dont it stays cold.

Monday, January 21st, 2013 AT 2:55 PM
  • saturntech9

When the fan blows out tons of air is the air really hot or cold?If only one radiator hose is getting really hot sound like there is no flow thru the radiator. Did you ever replace the thermostat when you made the repairs?

Monday, January 21st, 2013 AT 6:46 PM
  • pmannin

Yeah but the thermostate gasket dont fit in the slot on the engine. The gaskets bigger than the divit made for it. And melts the gasket every time. I reved it up to 3000 4000 rpms and the hose going to the theromstat did get hard. It stayed loose. I took it to the shop to get flushed and they told me the head bolts were never changes I wasnt getting presure. Which the head bolts were steel. Not aluminum. But still not heat car still over heating. And I got a nother question with that. How do you torque the headbolts right on this car. Does the front sequence. Mean the same for the back headbolts?

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 AT 3:15 AM
  • saturntech9

Sounds like you need to get a factory thermostat and gasket so it will fit properly then or find a aftermarket one that will fit correctly. Also which gaskets did you replace and why?Was it overheating before you changed the gaskets etc?

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 AT 6:12 PM
  • pmannin

Yes the head gaskets blew so I replaced all the gaskets head bolts. And a new water pump and thermostat. Yes it was over heating thats why I went threw the process of figuring out why it was overheating and no hot air out of my vents. So now I gotta try to figure out why its still over heating and still no hot air.

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 AT 10:06 PM
  • pmannin

Before all this when I was driving a week prior the theromstate guage read normal at first when the heat would work. Then when it shot up for a few miles cold air shot out till the temp went back down.

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 AT 10:07 PM