03 CHEVY

2003 Chevrolet Malibu

heatherandstacy57

July, 9, 2011 AT 3:58 PM

My 2003 chevy malibu won't start. It registers low fuel, but there is a half a tank or better in there. I tried resetting the theft system, but that didn't help. Also the battery light, and oil light are not coming on when its in the acc or on position. My husband also recently replaced our car battery. Any ideas what it could be?

saturntech9

July, 9, 2011 AT 4:04 PM

Is the security light on?Do you power door locks and keyless entry work if you have them?Is the starter turning the engine over?Did you make sure the battery cables are clean and tight?Did you have the battery tested even though it was recently replaced doesnt mean its good.

saturntech9

July, 9, 2011 AT 4:04 PM

heatherandstacy57

July, 9, 2011 AT 4:15 PM

Yes the security light is on. The door locks work and the starter is turning over the engine and the battery is good and the terminals are clean.

saturntech9

July, 9, 2011 AT 4:48 PM

Sounds like you could have a bad body control module. How did you try to reset the security light?

heatherandstacy57

July, 9, 2011 AT 5:08 PM

First I unhooked the battery when that didnt work I put the key into the auxillary setting for fifteen min. Security light is still on

saturntech9

July, 9, 2011 AT 5:42 PM

Give what I posted a try?

heatherandstacy57

July, 9, 2011 AT 5:59 PM

The security light is off but the car still wont start

heatherandstacy57

July, 9, 2011 AT 6:03 PM

The fuel gauge is reading empty but their is more than half a tank of gas in it

saturntech9

July, 9, 2011 AT 8:26 PM

Because of the no start and the fuel gauge inop I suspect a bad bcm. Anyway you can rent a scanner and see if you have any codes?

heatherandstacy57

July, 9, 2011 AT 8:59 PM

I was wondering what CAL meens cause every time I try to start the car that comes up on the radio before switching back to the time

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet