Security light on/Car won't start

CVWARD
  • 2003 CHEVROLET IMPALA
We have a 2003 Impala, and have been having problems with the security and having t wait 10 minutes before it will start. We replace the Module, March 17,2011 thinking it was fixed until March 23. We encountered the problem again. We had to wait 10minutes.
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 7:21 PM

SATURNTECH9
So did you replace the pass lock sensor?Is that what you mean by the module you replaced?Also the best thing you can do is have your body control module code's read that will lead you to where the problem is. You still will have to follow a trouble tree though.
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 8:01 PM
CVWARD
I'm not sure if that is what was replaced. On my bill of $553.70 was, replaced Module.
This is what they gave us at the garage:
>>Diagnostic Trouble Codes B2958 and /or B296 (repair Poor Terminal Connections at Body Control Module <<
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 8:19 PM
SATURNTECH9
Sound's like you need to take it back to the place that charged you all that money to fix and it's still not fixed. Sound's like there could be issue's with the pass lock sensor.I would tell them to fix it and your paying anymore money to fix it. Find out what they replaced before and let me know also keep me posted on what there telling you now.
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 8:32 PM
CVWARD
My husband already made an apt for Monday March 28. And as decided that he isn't paying anymore. The pass lock sensor was what we replaced on our Grand Am a couple years ago. Then we buy Impala, thinking we were rid of our problems. LOL. Not the case!Maybe we are cursed when it comes to the security on cars.

Thank you for your help and I will keep you posted.
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 8:58 PM
SATURNTECH9
Your welcome keep me posted and if I can help you out anymore let me know.
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 9:00 PM