2003 Chevy Impala no start

RADIO210
  • 2003 CHEVROLET IMPALA
I had my car fixed last month. Before I had it fixed it had no start with sercuty light coming on and off. The BCM said passlock sensor needed replaced. It was fix and the car worked good for last 7 weeks, off on the sercuty light would flash on right when car was being shut. Today the car woundn't start. Its starts now. Does this mean the BCM goning or gone bad.

thanks
Thursday, April 21st, 2011 AT 6:29 PM

SATURNTECH9
So when the car did start was the security light on or flashing?
Thursday, April 21st, 2011 AT 10:50 PM
RADIO210
The security light wasn't on or flashing? Its odd when I took the car in to get it fixed last month, when I was shown the BCM read out it only showed passlock senser.
Thursday, April 21st, 2011 AT 11:01 PM
SATURNTECH9
If that wasn't on then when the car didn't start did the car crank and not start?Or no crank no start?
Thursday, April 21st, 2011 AT 11:27 PM
RADIO210
No crank or start. Gages moved and dash lights came on, but no start or crank.
Friday, April 22nd, 2011 AT 1:03 AM
SATURNTECH9
If the starter isn't making the engine turn over then its not your bcm causing that. The bcm would disable the injector pulse to keep it from starting not the starter.I would have the battery tested and also make sure the battery cables are clean and tight. If all that checks out then I would suspect you could have a bad starter. Let me know what you find with those things I asked you to check. Also do you have a test light or multimeter to do some testing?
Friday, April 22nd, 2011 AT 5:36 AM
RADIO210
The battery is new replaced it before the car was taken it for service. The car starter will be replaced soon, the dealer told me shop that put it in last aug 2010, put wrong one in. Last today car started up fine, but when I go turn the car off the security light flash on?
Friday, April 22nd, 2011 AT 4:45 PM
SATURNTECH9
If the security light flashes on for a second when turning it off I wouldn't worry about that. You only worry about it when the key is on. As long as the starter isn't costing you to change it especially since they put the wrong one in. Let me know if the no start goes away when they replace the starter.
Friday, April 22nd, 2011 AT 4:56 PM