2003 Chevy Cavalier

CHRISRENYER
  • 2003 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
My 2003 chevy cavalier is having problems. About a year ago the dome light began to flash off and on periodically when driving down the road. Then recently the car will not start without being jumped off. I have changed the battery, starter, and alternator. The car will act fine after a jump but after a week or so it has to be jumped again.
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 AT 6:15 AM

FIXITMR
Maybe 1 of your door switches is failing/shorting and draining the battery?
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 AT 6:32 AM
CHRISRENYER
How can I tell if this is the problem. The doors seem to shut and close fine. All of the interior lights come on and go off when the doors are opened and shut. Everything with the doors seems to be ok
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 AT 6:38 AM
FIXITMR
Well, the question is if the light is on when you are not aware of it? Your info is a little lacking in driving/parked details? But you may have another problem altogether? Something seems to be draining the battery or preventing full amperage from getting to starter. Check ground wires from battery for clean and tight.
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 AT 9:22 AM
CHRISRENYER
All the grounds are good. No corrision, kinks, and everything seems to be in its place. I believe that the battery is getting charged. There is to much time in between the car being fine and the car not starting and needing to be jump started(5 days to 2 weeks at a time) for the car to be running just off the battery. Also this has happened enough that if that was the case the battery would be shot by now. I have also removed the fuses that control the interior lights and the light in the trunk. If I wasnt able to remove the fuse because I needed it for something else I removed the bulb. The only thing that is lit up is the guage cluster and the radio and climate control displays. But the problem continues.
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 AT 2:47 PM