REAR PASSENGER WINDOW WILL NOT GO UP

2003 Cadillac CTS

whit42889

July, 31, 2012 AT 3:01 AM

I have a 2003 cadillac CTS and the rear passenger window will not go up. I heard it pop a while ago and haven't used it since, but forgot about it tonight and put it down and now it will not go back up. When I hit the switch, I can hear it engage but the window will not go up.

saturntech9

July, 31, 2012 AT 3:11 AM

Sounds like the window regulator broke can you help the window up with your hand while running the window up?

whit42889

July, 31, 2012 AT 3:16 AM

I've tried to put the window up manually while pressing the up button but it still won't budge at all. When I hold the window and try to put it down it makes a grinding sound and then it will make the same sound going back up until it gets the the point of the window and it stops.

saturntech9

July, 31, 2012 AT 3:19 AM

Your going to have to replace the window regulator to fix it.

cadieman

August, 2, 2012 AT 4:03 AM

U NEED TO REBUILD THE WINDOW REG. ASSY. YOULL NEED TO REMOVE. THE REG. BLOCK AND TAPE THEY CAN BE REPLACED. THE BLOCK AND TAPE IS REPLACEABLE. YOULL SEE WHERE THE BLOCK HOOKED INTO THE REG. BLOCK MAKE SURE ITS NOT BROKEN WHERE THE BLOCK GOES INTO THE REG. ASSY.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma