2003 CTS WON'T CRANK, BUT I HAVE POWER

• gburton76
  • 2003 Cadillac CTS
  • automatic

I have a 2003 Cadillac CTS, The car was running with no issues, the engine light was on but when I had it checked I was told it was the thermostat and I should not worry about it unless the car starts running hot. The thermostat was replaced less then 6 months ago.

When I went to start the car this morning, All the power came on radio head lights etc etc, but the engine will not crank. I purchased a new battery and no change.

I had the oil changed less then 60 days ago from sears. The car has always ran synthetic oil.

So when I turn the key, the start-up procedures occur there is no error lights that stay on, the car receives power from the battery, but when I crank it all the way it is silent.

Any Suggestions.

Saturday, November 20th, 2010 AT 4:28 AM

• rasmataz

Could be a blown fusible link, the starter, starter relay, park and neutral switch, and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good.

Saturday, November 20th, 2010 AT 4:31 AM
  • sabrina12

My car does the same thing and much more my guess it tell everyoone you know never buy a 03 cadillac cts or if u have ove sell it

Sunday, December 26th, 2010 AT 11:12 PM