IM NEW HERE

2002 Toyota Vitz

Anonymous

October, 28, 2012 AT 3:58 PM

Hi im new here. Im andy from malta : ). Since I need help.I serviced my vitz 2001 1.0 auto. So I decided to clean the throtle. I pulled it out from the engine u sprayed some carb cleaner to shiny metal. Later I unsrewed the idle control valve from it and cleaned it to, replaced new gasket and put it back. I put the throttle back, fixed all vacumm pipes to ensure for no vacuum leaks. Started the engine and it idle good anough for 2 minutes, but later it started to built up revs. High as 2500 - 3000. I turned it off, disconnected the battery for ecu refresh but no luck, still high reving. Later I disconnected the idle control valve from it. And it worked fine but surly it come on the check engine, cause off disconnect the iac. But as I connect it back again it rev highly again. Please any one can help? Never happened to me before.

October, 28, 2012 AT 4:03 PM

Check the IAC valve for sticking. After cleaning with carb cleaner, it is good to spray some WD 40 to lubricte the spindle bearings.

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma