. I HAVE AN INTERMITTENT NO CRANK NO START ...

• huynguyen2406
  • 2002 Toyota Camry

Hi. I have an intermittent no crank, no start problem on a 2002 toyota camry 6 cyl. I replaced the relay and the battery (Previous battery was bad according to autozone). I checked the voltage drop. There was no voltage drop between the positive lead and the rings of each wires. I checked between negative lead and the surface of the starter. No voltage drop. I haven't checked the positive because the starter was hidden below the engine and I couldn't reach it. I had this problem a year before (also intermittent) when I replaced a starter (some mechanic did it for me and he said he got it for $50). I don't know if the cold and damp weather (it's raining) has any impact. I usually go about 10-12 miles with mostly fine 3 startings then 1 no crank, no start. Any help will be much appreciated.

Monday, December 31st, 2012 AT 8:46 PM

• mhpautos

Probably burnt solenoid contacts in the starter, pull the starter off and get it checked over.

Monday, December 31st, 2012 AT 11:12 PM