Lack of power, selenoid valve A

SUZUKI07
  • 2002 SUZUKI VITARA
Hi, I have a suzuki gran vitara 2002 hdi 2.0, every time I go over 100 km/hour the check engine comes up, the truck looses power, I have to stop shut off the engine for couple of minutes, when I restart the vehicule the check engine still light up, but the truck operate fine unless like I said go over a 100 km, or try to accelarate real fast, when we scan the vehicule always says the selenoid valve A, we changed all three selenoids valve, and keeps doing the same thing, changed all the filters, oil, use the best diesel available, this is being going on for 5 years since a bought this truck, can anybody tell me the solution?
Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 AT 12:58 AM

If you have replaced the valves then the only optionis to check to see if the connections are good or a wire is broken someplace, like a bad ground wire. If it's been doing this for 5 years something is causing it. You output speed sensor could be causing the problem or a wire leading to it. As it does't happen until you get to 100kmthe sensor may be getting warm and have to many ohms so it heats up and does this. You could also have a bad ground for the pcm or a bad ground to speed sensor at rear of engine.
Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 AT 8:04 PM
SUZUKI07
Hi, do you have the electrical map for this truck so I can check all the wiring, sometimes even when starting the march for example, accelerating on a green light, the check engine lights up.
-1
Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 AT 9:23 PM
I'm sending it in 2 pieces. You may have a wire connected poorly orgrounding out like i've said before. You should really have this scanneds o you can get a specific code so we can help yo a little more. To enlargemore put documents to pictures then enlarge from there.
+1
Thursday, July 28th, 2011 AT 12:44 AM
SUZUKI07
Hi the code is P0246.
Thursday, July 28th, 2011 AT 11:44 AM
I'm sorry we have no listing for the diesel engine powered vitara so ican't offer any other assistance on this. The diagram I sent was for a gas engine. One other thing to check is to see if your thrttle pressure adjustment is correct on the trans as that may have something to do with it. But I also would check output speed sensor for correct range ohms/volts, which I do not have aavailable as to the specs for that. Again i'm sorrry
Thursday, July 28th, 2011 AT 1:46 PM
SUZUKI07
Finally after all this year a friend of mind found the solution, the problem consist that the catalyc converter blocked up, obstructed, after 20,000 kms, he took it out, made hole on the catalyc converter to take out the elements, and no more problems, I didn t know that diesel engines had a catalyc converter, this is the problem, thanks god, cause I love this vehicule.
Monday, November 28th, 2011 AT 1:08 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
Glad to hear you found a fix. Closing thread.
Friday, January 27th, 2012 AT 3:39 AM