Is the throttle box part of the engine

LUCYDURHAM
  • 2002 SATURN VUE

I had a used engine put it the vehicle and the reduced power light kept coming on which was the orginal problem and now the mechanic wants me to pay more money to replace the throttle box.

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 6:51 PM

Sounds like he's talking about the throttle body

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 6:54 PM
ASEMASTER6371

Throttle body. No, it is not part of the long block but the intake which he most likely changed from your bad motor.

He is not responsible for failed parts from your original motor.

Was there a throttle body on the used motor he could use?

What happened to the old motor?

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 6:54 PM
LUCYDURHAM

Ok is a throttle body part of the engine

/

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 6:55 PM
LUCYDURHAM

If I really got another motor why didn't I get all the pieces of the motor and why does it take 10 weeks to put a used motor in a car.

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 6:57 PM
ASEMASTER6371

Depends on the junkyard that pulled it out. Only they can answer that question.

No, the throttle body is part of the intake which may have been the same as yours.

As I asked, did the other motor have one on it?

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 6:59 PM
LUCYDURHAM

I have no idea. The only thing I know is that this mechanic has had my car for a total of 13 weeks now. When I call he is never there and he never returns my call. I now am not sure if he even put another motor in my car or not I already paid him 2000.00 dollars and now he is trying to get more money out of me and all this time I don't have a car. I am regretting my decision to try and save the car and do not know what I should do now

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 7:08 PM
ASEMASTER6371

My suggestion is to remove the car from his shop now as you have paid him. Take it to another shop for an evaluation and see if the work is done. If not, then you have a legal case against him

13 weeks is a long time. We keep them for about 2 weeks, driving it for 3 or 4 days.

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 7:13 PM
LUCYDURHAM

Thanks Roy

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 7:16 PM
ASEMASTER6371

Good luck

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 7:17 PM
SATURNTECH9

Just to add to this one there is a vin number on the engine if it matches the cars vin he did not change the engine. Also which engine do you have the v6 or 4cyl one?

Tuesday, November 15th, 2011 AT 8:54 PM
LUCYDURHAM

I have a 4cyl one. Just to add I tryed to call the mechanice again yesterday and he still would not return my car so I went over there after work yesterday and he replaced the throttle body even though I told him not to and now he wants more money from me. I told him that I did not authorize him to replace any parts and he told me if I didn't like it, I could bring him the title to the car. I can't believe that he really thinks he can keep all my money and my car too. I want my car back.

Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 2:27 PM
ASEMASTER6371

He cannot keep your car. He must release the car to you. I would check with your local police department to see if he can keep the car. Here, we have to release the car and seek our money in court. There is no mechanics lean here in pa. If you did not sign a work order to authorize the repair, he cannot perform it at your expense.
You may want to get legal advice on this.

Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 6:56 PM
SATURNTECH9

Your best bet on this one is probably going to be small claims court. That throttle body is super easy to change just remove the air intake and unplug it and there are some bolts holding it on.I got a used throttle body on ebay shipped to me for 60.00 with a 6 month warranty for a customer.

Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 10:47 PM