RADIATOR FAN...

• pansatdishman
  • 2002 Saturn Vue

I have an 02 Saturn Vue AWD V6 AWD, it's a earlier model so it only has one fan relay,
My problem is the fan turns on when it is suppose to but it does not shut off on it's own
I have already replaced all the relays, fuses, thermostat and engine coolant temperature sensor
I can get the fan going when I turn ac on or when its in defrost mode or when it reaches about half but then cools down to a little over a quarter but fan remains running until I turn the key off and turn it back on no service engine soon lights or service wrench lights, ac works cold and all speed settings work fine.
Any ideas as i'm lost, I read about a fan control module and possible a corroded wire or ground there?
I have no idea an d i'm lost

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 7:34 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Then let a shop put a scan tool on it to monitor the command from the bcm. If it is not being commanded off, it may be a bad bcm.

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 7:38 PM
  • pansatdishman

Okay but wouldn't there be more issues then just the fan not shutting off? Also where is the fan control module as I would like to test the wires?
Thanks for your knowledge

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 7:44 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

I cannot find any control module for the fan as it is contained in the computers.

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 7:55 PM
  • pansatdishman

Alright thanks, could any wiring issues cause this and if so what would you think it could be bad ground at splice pack?

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 9:36 PM
  • saturntech9

Just to add to this one the body control module doesnt control the radiator fan on that vue. It only controls the low coolant sensor input to turn the light on the cluster when there is low coolant. The ecm controls the fan relay turn on. So you must have the early built 2002 vue with one fan relay?You really need to have the computer scanned for codes even though the check engine light is not on. If we get a code it code help really cut down the diagnoses time. If you have any codes please post the exact code numbers not code descriptions.

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 11:17 PM
  • pansatdishman

I'm going to try a used ecm as theres no codes
thanks for the help

Wednesday, July 4th, 2012 AT 9:18 AM