Please help me

CHADWICK2
  • 2002 SATURN VUE
I have a 2002 saturn vue I just spent 400 dollars a shop to have the ignition control module and that got it to start because it wouldnt start now when I got it back it still ran real rough the reduce power light come on and I could not exceed 45mph they told me that it was because of the thermal expansion valve and they sayed that it needed an A/C compressor I was wondering if the thermal control moudle was somthing that would do that or no and if not what would be somethings that would cause a problem like this THANK YOU
Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 AT 5:42 AM

SATURNTECH9
The a/c expansion valve isn't going to turn on the reduced performance light.I need you to go to a auto parts store and have them read your code's let me know the exact code numbers you have. That is are starting point.
Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 AT 6:03 PM
ALEXRUSSELL
9 times out of 10 in my experience I have found this exact same problem to be a failed catalytic coverter. I do also have several years of experience as a technician at a notable Saturn dealer.
Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 AT 7:44 PM
SATURNTECH9
With the reduced power light on it will seem like a restricted exhaust I have not ran across a saturn with a plugged cat that turned on the reduced power light.I worked as a saturn tech for over 16yrs. There is a tsb though that for the vue that the reduced power light comes on and sets some code's caused by water getting into the inline body connector on the drivers side behind the sill plate molding.I have gotten a few that has happened and the reduced power light comes on and it will set certain code's. Please get the code's read from the auto parts store that is are starting point with that light on.
Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 AT 8:06 PM
SHERRY416
I have had the crank and no start issue recently, noticed that the reduced power light came on but changing the fuel sending relay seems to have fixed the problem.
Thursday, August 25th, 2011 AT 9:19 PM