Coolant/rotors

504GIRL
  • 2002 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX
I have a 2002 grand prix and I had someone put rotors on my car now It's making some kind of noise and another question I want to get a coolant flush can I still get one if my car has overheating before this is on the same car

Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 12:28 PM

WRENCHTECH
If your brakes are making a noise after someone worked on it, then bring it back to them and have them find out why. If your car is overheating, then you find out why before doing any flushing because the repair may already involve draining the fluid.
Monday, March 14th, 2011 AT 1:16 PM
504GIRL
Ok thanks
Tuesday, March 15th, 2011 AT 7:10 PM
AUTOZONEBRAKESEXPERT
Causes of brake squeal include:
* Vibration is the source of most brake noise. When noise is heard it is usually due to the vibration between the pad and the rotor, or failure in other brake hardware. Hardware should be replaced with every brake job.
* A noise may also be heard if brake wear indicators or sensors touch the disc brake rotor. When this occurs the sensor often emits a high pitch noise to alert that brakes need immediate attention. If this occurs have the brakes checked immediately by a certified brake system specialist.

If your brakes squeal when you don t have your foot on the pedal:
* It is possible the wear indicator is contacting the rotor because the linings are too thin. It could be time to change your brakes.
* Caliper slide pins that are not properly lubricated may bind causing brake drag. Also, corroded brake hardware and/or bracket will cause brake drag as well.

If you hear grinding sounds when you apply the brakes:
* The most common cause for this condition is when the lining has worn past its service limit and the metal plate is contacting the rotor.
* Some drivers may experience a grinding noise only when the pedal is slightly applied and the vehicle is moving very slow (such as slightly releasing the pedal from a stop position). This operation is normal.
Saturday, April 9th, 2011 AT 11:20 PM
WRENCHTECH
If you're simply going to cut and paste answers and self promote, at least stick with current questions that aren't answered already.
Sunday, April 10th, 2011 AT 9:51 PM
AUTOZONEBRAKESEXPERT
Sincere apologies. No self-promotion was intended.
Monday, April 11th, 2011 AT 2:13 PM