2002 PONTIAC GRAND AM

• khale08
  • 2002 Pontiac Grand Am
  • automatic

Grand am had service engine light on, I went to start it and it began to sputter and shake. There was a sulfur smell coming from the exhaust pipes. I went to drive it and when I tried to go up hil and couldnt get it over 10 mph. While acellerating on highway I could feel it jumping speeds and the sputtering and shaking happening when I would have to slow down and excelerate again. Also while I was driving the service engine light was blinking. Is this the CAT or O2 sensor, or something completely different any advice would help. Thx

Saturday, July 30th, 2011 AT 2:35 AM

• rasmataz

Check engine light on

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

Have the computer scanned for code/s-you have a problem within the engine management system that caused the CEL to turn on-This is your starting point of diagnosis,finding out what's going on.

Saturday, July 30th, 2011 AT 11:03 AM