OIL

2002 Nissan Altima

nighthawkde

October, 12, 2013 AT 5:43 PM

Loosing oil it smells like it burning I tryed to put a valve cover on it and changed the oil and I went about a week and it was fine then three days later the oil was gone again some times when the car sits for a long time I go to start it up and it make a grind and I dont know if it is from the oil

caradiodoc

October, 12, 2013 AT 7:09 PM

For a leak that bad you might consider renting a smoke machine. With that you can inject white, non-toxic smoke through the dip stick tube, then watch where it sneaks out. For slower leaks, wash the area, then add a small bottle of dark purple dye to the oil. As soon as you see some oil leaking out, search with a black light. The dye will show up as a bright yellow stain that you can follow back to the source.

The most common things to leak that badly are the oil pressure sending unit, loose drain plug, and loose oil filter.

Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20