2002 Mitsubishi Galant Service Engine Soon light won't go off

PAT SMITH
  • 2002 MITSUBISHI GALANT
Hi,

I have had my 2002 Mitsubishi Galant for 6 years and have had to check for the engine light coming on and off occasionally for the last two years. First time that it come on I had the 02 sensor replaced (that was what the computer read as a problem with the car at that time). Since that the light still turns on and off peridically, so I guess this was not really the problem. After a year I took back to have it checke and gave me the same problem as before, bad oxigen sensor. I have just ignored this problem and been driving the car for a year now (engine light back on for a while, then off for while, then back on.). Do you think could be a computer malfunction? I did find out from search the web that lots of mitsubishis has this same problem, but not specific answer on how to solve it. Please let me know if you know what is going in on with this car and its light engine service soon turning on. Thanks in advance, your site is great and has helped us many times.
Thursday, January 27th, 2011 AT 3:46 PM

KHLOW2008
What were the EXACT trouble codes retrieved?
Sunday, February 27th, 2011 AT 12:24 PM