. MY CAR HAS BEEN RUNNING REALITIVLY ...

2002 Mercedes Benz S500

Anonymous

March, 11, 2013 AT 10:08 AM

Hi. My car has been running realitivly wonderfully considering the milage that is on it. Latlely however, I have had a problem wit the car upon accelerating, wanting to seal, unless I 1. Give it a lot of gas and it shoots out like a rocket, or2, I slowly pump the gas pedal and slowly within about 4-6 sec on average, it will start to go slowly to normal, once above apron. 10 miles an hour.
My thoughts have been a fuel filter, as I have gotten gas at several different stations, always premium, and it still continues. Any Ideas or help to point me in the right direction? Thank you so very much! Scot
After I receive an answer, If I may, Id like to donate as much $ as possible so that you may talk me through the process of replacing what ever part is needing to be replaced. Thanks again!

blaze45

April, 2, 2013 AT 2:10 AM

That sounds like a throttle positioning sensor or MAP/MAF sensor. If you have a check engine light have it checked at a local auto parts store for free.