STARTING PROBLEM

2002 Kia Rio

tatay

July, 7, 2011 AT 8:58 PM

My kia alternator got cut I did fit it with a new but yet my car refused to start. Pls what should I do?

July, 7, 2011 AT 9:17 PM

Is it cranking over and will not start if so do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

saturntech9

July, 7, 2011 AT 9:19 PM

Not sure what your saying your alternator got cut?You replaced the battery ok now what is wrong you have a no crank no start?Details are important since iam not there to see your car.

tatay

July, 7, 2011 AT 10:13 PM

My alternator belt cut and replace with new one yet my car could not startpls what shuld I do sir

tatay

July, 7, 2011 AT 10:17 PM

My car alternator cut I did replace but yet could not start

tatay

July, 7, 2011 AT 10:19 PM

My car alternator belt cut I did rplace it with new one yet could not start

saturntech9

July, 7, 2011 AT 11:21 PM

So you made sure your battery cables are clean and tight?So does your starter not turn your engine over?Is there any noise at all when trying to start it?Do you have a multimeter?

tatay

July, 7, 2011 AT 11:34 PM

Yes it time I try to start the car catalytic blows. There is current in plugs

saturntech9

July, 7, 2011 AT 11:56 PM

So does the engine turn over or not?Do you mean it has spark?Do you have any trouble codes in the computer?What do you mean the catalytic blows?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe