MY CAR LOOSES POWER AND/OR STALLS WHEN DRIVING AT 50M/H

2002 Kia Rio

marcoantoniozeledonmasis

October, 12, 2012 AT 2:52 AM

Hello, I have a Kia Rio 2002 sedan, it tends to stall or loose power after it has run over 1500rpm for a few while, if I take my foot off the gas pedal the engine seems to recover a little strenght but if I try to accelerate it gets worse until it stops completelly, if I turn off the car for a while it seems to go back to normal but after a few minutes it happens again but this time it takes less to fail. According to the mechanic the only error he got from the computer scanning was with the crankshaft position sensor, but he already replaced the fuel pump before thinking it was the part to blame so I am not that confident with his conclussions anymore. Does it make any sense to believe that the issue was the crankshaft position sensor right from the start? Or there is a big chance that after replacing it the issue will continue?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

October, 12, 2012 AT 2:54 AM

Sounds like a clogged cat converter. Have the back pressure checked to verify