2002 Infiniti I35 Rattle and loss of power

SHAWNFITTS1992
  • 2002 INFINITI I35
  • RWD
The car has a slight stutter when idling in drive, shifted to neutral its almost nonexistent, also I noticed the lights dimming. When I'm giving a lot of gas the rpms go way up with no power produced, actually it goes slower, accompanied by a rattle noise I think is coming from the front passenger side of the engine area, the temp gauge sometimes will rise as well but it will cool if you let up on it. I don't really have a lot of ca$h to be putting into parts, so I'd like to get this right the first time if possible, also I recently had replaced, a bad battery, injectors, crank sensors, fuel filter, oil change, and a/c compressor.

P.S. I just did oil change last month, and only drove about 1,700 miles and the car is low on oil right now
Sunday, July 26th, 2015 AT 7:06 PM

Check belt and tensioner as replacement is recommended at 60k. Have coolant system checked for a bad radiator and or head gasket.
-1
Monday, July 27th, 2015 AT 7:02 AM