WHERE DO I PLUG IN THE A/C CHAGE KIT, TO REFUEL THE COOLENT?

• Scottr917
  • 2002 Hyundai Elantra

My A/C in my 2002 hyundai elantra GLS has stopped working, the light shows that the a/c is on but it only pushes out hot or warm air. I brought the charge kit from autozone, now I just have no idea as to wear I plug it in.

Saturday, August 27th, 2011 AT 10:44 AM

• caradiodoc

Working with refrigerant is extremely dangerous. It can freeze eyeballs and cause frostbite. Most professionals wear a face shield over safety glasses, and gloves. If you're prepared to do that, there's only two fittings on the system and they're different sizes. The hose that came with the recharge kit will only fit the low-pressure port. It will be on the compressor or hose between the firewall and compressor.

The compressor must be running to draw the refrigerant in. If it doesn't start up, you may need to bypass the low-pressure cutout switch. If the can isn't empty within two minutes, place it upright in a pot of hot water.

Saturday, August 27th, 2011 AT 8:12 PM