Replaced compressor car wont start

BGRICH2003
  • 2002 HONDA CIVIC

I have a 2002 Honda Civic LX. Recently there was a squeaking noise coming from the hood. Then I found the ac/compressor pulley was bad the bearing went. So I decided to replace the entire compressor. It was easy enough to replace. I haven't charged the system because I wanted to see if it was aligned properly before I did. I tried turning on the car but it doesn't start now. Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, May 13th, 2011 AT 6:00 PM

FIXITMR

Check your fuses.

Friday, May 13th, 2011 AT 6:03 PM
BGRICH2003

I already did they all looked good.

Friday, May 13th, 2011 AT 6:07 PM
BGRICH2003

It sounds like everything turns but it won't start

Friday, May 13th, 2011 AT 6:23 PM
FIXITMR

Check for spark?

Friday, May 13th, 2011 AT 7:13 PM
BGRICH2003

How do I check for a spark?

Friday, May 13th, 2011 AT 7:22 PM
FIXITMR

1 way is remove plug wire from sparkplug, insert a spare plug. Lay on metal ground surface. Turn car over. Watch tip for spark.

Friday, May 13th, 2011 AT 7:28 PM
FIXITMR

Another thing. It's likely you accidently goofed something up doing compressor change that you were not aware of at the time.

Friday, May 13th, 2011 AT 7:30 PM
BGRICH2003

That is possible. The only thing I can think of is I had to cut the connector off the old ac compressor and splice it to the new one. So maybe I mixed up wires. Does anybody have a wiring diagram so I can see which wire is the ground and which ones are for the switch. Everything else looks okay. BTW thanks for your help fixitmir

Friday, May 13th, 2011 AT 8:09 PM
FIXITMR

Try unplugging compressor to see if it starts? Did you check for spark?

Friday, May 13th, 2011 AT 9:46 PM
BGRICH2003

I unplugged compressor and it didn't start. As far as the spark I wasn't too successful, since I don't have a spare spark plug to leave in. I don't want to just leave it open. So I'll have to get a spare tomorrow. Once again thanks for your help I'll let you know how that goes.

Friday, May 13th, 2011 AT 10:58 PM
BGRICH2003

Ok I checked the spark plug for a spark and it had one. I also changed the spark plugs while I was there. The plug was out still out by the way and I checked the wiring diagram the harness is wired good. What else can I check?

Sunday, May 15th, 2011 AT 11:33 PM
FIXITMR

Your not out of gas are you? Try putting some gas into intake or spraying some spray start in there and see if it fires?

Monday, May 16th, 2011 AT 8:24 PM
JUSTJACK

You mentioned it was easy to replace. Can you tell me how you got to it and took out old compressor and got the new one into its place? Without the wiring thing. I've been following this question. The problem with my 2002 LX is that no power is getting to compressor, even though the dashboard lights are on. And everything looks normal.

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 5:52 PM

Related Engine Not Starting Content

Engine Will Not Start
VIDEO

Recommended guides