AT A STOPLIGHT THE IDLE WOULD GET LOW EVENTUALLY STALLING

2002 Honda Civic

2CarPros-Archives

January, 4, 2011 AT 1:07 AM

2002 Honda Civic mileage: 45,000: My car was recently repaired for flood damage. They replaced the ECU, changed the transmission fluid, oil, and checked the brakes. After the repair, I noticed when stopped at a stoplight the idle would get low eventually stalling. The low idle/stalling would happen occasionally. I took the car back to the Honda dealer that originally had serviced it for the flood damage. They said the low idle was due to carbon build-up in a valve and that they cleaned it out and it should be okay. The idle problem persisted. I took the car back again, and now they are saying I need to replace the electronic air control valve. They say it is not water damage related; therefore, I would have to pay for the repair? My question is, once a car has been flooded, is not the entire electrical system of the car in question? Thanks

Dies On Idle

2CarPros-Archives

January, 4, 2011 AT 1:09 AM

Yes, from what you describe, the low idle problem started to occur after the car was flood damaged. Water has a way of ruining electronic components.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang