TRANSMISSION WOES

2002 Honda Accord

Ronnie1114

May, 6, 2014 AT 10:20 PM

Hi, I have a 2002 Honda Accord w/ the automatic transmission. Well today, I was reversing and getting ready to park and I put my foot on the brake but dint stop fully. At this point, I proceeded to put my car in park. After this the display on the instrument cluster showed that I was now in park but the car was still going in reverse. If I took my foot off the brake the car backed up as if it was in reverse but the gear selector showed that it was in park while the display on the instrument cluster showed that it was in park. After this I tried to shift the gear selector from park but it wouldn't budge and still acted as if it was in reverse. I shut the car off and tried to move it but it wouldn't let me move the gear selector from park. So then I tried to restart the car but it wouldn't let me as it thinks that its in reverse. At this point I stuck my key in the little thing to release the gear shifter and was able to move it to neutral and start the car. Then I tried all of the gears but the only one I could get to work was first gear. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

hmac300

May, 7, 2014 AT 6:51 AM

Check for a broken shifter cable or shifter. If not that it may be an internal problem.

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Mount Replacement - RWD Cars