CAR WON'T START ON OCCASION AND SOMETIMES DIES.

2002 Honda Accord

ChristianShields

May, 24, 2012 AT 11:20 PM

2002 Honda Acord 2Door - V6 Vtech, 150K

Hey guys, my Honda has not been feeling well as of late. Last year I got my transmission rebuilt and all seemed weel. Until a few days later when the car would not start. (It would act like it wanted to start and did not make the clicking sound like if a battery is dead, but made the normal starting sounds. It just would not kick in). I waited a few minutes as to not flood the engine, tried again and the car started fine. I did not think much of it until it happened again about a month later. It happens about once a month and is not the big of an inconvenience. That is until recently. Now, every once in a while (about once a month) when driving and I come to a stop, the car dies (like when driving a manual and forgetting to push the clutch when stooping) and then it won't start until I wait for another few minutes.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

hmac300

May, 25, 2012 AT 12:06 AM

Scan for codes check fuel pressure and clean throttle plate with choke cleaner on both sides. If it won't start check your starter relay and battery condition.

May, 25, 2012 AT 12:41 PM

Check you ignition switch, fuel pump relay and fuel pump, which could be failing.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe