WONT START

2002 Ford Ranger

allyssad

January, 13, 2014 AT 11:37 AM

My 2002 ford ranger wont start. It seemed to be running fine yesterday. It was almost empty when I parked it. When I went to turn it on, the lights came on and the radio but it would not turn over. It didn't even make a clicking sound like it was trying to. It was silent. It also showed the " check fuel cap" light and the " check gage light". Could it be possible that it is out of gas? I added about 5L but that didn't help. I'm not sure if that was enough, somewhere in the manual I read that it needs 3 gallons to registered as refueled. The previous owner who sent it to me said that the Fuel cap was slightly broken, hard to get off sometimes and that was why the check engine light stayed on.

saturntech9

January, 13, 2014 AT 11:49 AM

So does it crank and not start or no crank no start?

allyssad

January, 13, 2014 AT 11:55 AM

It doesn't crank. Doesn't make any sound at all. But the dash lights, headlights and radio will come on.

saturntech9

Alright do you have a multi meter to do some testing?

allyssad

I don't sorry, where would I be able to get one?

saturntech9

Harbor freight auto parts store sears etc.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right