Door ajar, key fob not working

L JEFE
  • 2002 FORD F-250
I have a 2002 ford F 250 the door ajar light stays on, the raidio stays on when the truck is off and the key is out, the lights come on automaticly when it gets dark, im thinking the key switch is bad, thats not a fun job, any thoughts?
Sunday, March 20th, 2011 AT 10:43 PM

PROTECH1980
Lubricate the driver and passenger door latchs, then open/close the doors 20-30 times attempting to free-up the door ajar switch, which is part of the door latch.
Sunday, March 20th, 2011 AT 11:41 PM
L JEFE
I did many times to all the doors and still nothing, I recently replaced the door lock on the passenger rear door but this was acting up before and after, is this a closed or open circuit, and dose this have anything to do with the key switch?
Monday, March 21st, 2011 AT 12:13 AM
PROTECH1980
I know you probaly dont want to hear this but for further diagnosis your gonna have to get the VSM(vehicle security module) scanned with a scan tool capable of reading body, security codes, and start diagnoses there with the codes that are retrieved.
Monday, March 21st, 2011 AT 1:19 AM
L JEFE
Where do you get one and what exactly am I getting, I have a devices that reads codes that you plug into the ecm plug, it can tell when the idiot light comes on and what it means
Monday, March 21st, 2011 AT 2:42 AM
PROTECH1980
This is a scanner that shops/dealers use such as a snap on scanner or factory scan tool that have the ability and software needed to scan body, chassis, security, etc. Codes.
Monday, March 21st, 2011 AT 3:48 PM
REZGIRL
This happened to my (super crew cab) truck. I bought it used from a dodge dealer, and they couldnt fix it, so they sent it to a ford dealer for repair, that the dodge dealer paid for. The repair worked for about a week, and the problem happened again. I looked online and found all I needed to do was spray the white plastic latches located on the rear doors (near the inner door handle) with wd40 and the problem was solved.
Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 AT 12:47 AM