TRANSMISSION

2002 Ford F-150

proudmommyof4

September, 7, 2013 AT 11:10 PM

A couple of weeks before my transfer case broke from my transmission my drive shaft broke twice and we replaced it then this happened. My fiance was driving my Ford F-150 when we heard a popping noise. We get out to look and it was leaking transmission fluid. The garage told us to drive it to them so they could look at it. However on our way there the transfer case broke completely from the transmission and cracked the transmission. I found a transmission and transfer case out a Ford expedition with a 4.6 V-8 Triton motor in it and it is four wheel drive like my truck. My question is with it bolt up and work in my truck or not. Could my drive shaft of broke due to it having a lift kit on it and does or will it keep breaking. Could it have did something to my transmission because of having a lift kit or because of the drive shaft.

mhpautos

September, 8, 2013 AT 12:14 AM

Excessive drive line angles due to lift kits can cause problems like yours, I would look into having the angles checked for any problems, as for the transmission, check serial numbers and count splines first, I am not sure if it is compatible.