SOMETIMES MY AIR CONDITIONER WILL ONLY BLOW ...

2002 Ford F-150

Anonymous

February, 16, 2013 AT 3:42 PM

Sometimes my air conditioner will only blow through the defroster & now my heater will not blow on the floor. Where is the connection located under the dashboard

Wrenchtech

February, 16, 2013 AT 3:47 PM

The mode selection is done through a series of air doors that are operated by vacuum. When there is either a partial or total loss of vacuum, the system will default to either defrost or on some vehicles, heat. Acceleration can also have an effect on the doors for the same reason.

Look under the hood for a small black plastic hose coming through the firewall. Follow it to the vacuum source looking for any breaks, cracks or leaks. Also follow any other lines that branch off because they may go to a vacuum reservoir (storage tank) and a leak there will cause the same problem. Using a vacuum gauge to determine if you have full vacuum at any given point is the best way to find it. You can cut into the line anywhere and splice it back together with a piece of vacuum hose. Find the broken line, you found your problem.

Climate Control Stuck on Defrost?
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace