QUESTION

2002 Ford F-150

tnford

June, 29, 2011 AT 12:27 AM

My husband has a 2002 Ford F-150 Supercab, he has the truck into two different repair shops with no luck. They hook it up to the computer and say there isn't anything wrong or the part has already been replaced.

Whenever it rains the truck will be dead in morning. If he unhooks the battery. And hooks it up when he is ready to leave. No problems. We have also gone to the truck after rain and the blower will be running. We think somehow the blower wire is making contact (through the rain) to a nearby hot wire. Hence. It rains the wires connect. The blower runs. And we come out to that or it runs long enough and drains the battery. We were going to trace the wires and were wondering can anyone lead us in the right direction? We are looking for the blower power supply wire. Where is it located. What color is it? Anyone have any advice?

cadieman

June, 29, 2011 AT 1:59 AM

You have to find the blower motor relay and replace. The motor is running the battery down or you can unplug the relay or motor. Youll have to get info from the parts store on the relay and location.

caradiodoc

June, 29, 2011 AT 6:22 AM

Also check the GEM module. Ford has a very common problem with water leaking in under the windshield and it drips onto the GEM module which runs a lot of stuff in the truck.

June, 29, 2011 AT 7:47 AM

If any of this stuff is hard to read, let me know.I'll get it to you a different route.

GEM is in the 2nd one

As far as circuits, there are many more diagrams, these here, seem to fit the need you want. Others did not meet the criteria.I will get any that you want, if you request them.

I know little about your vehicles wiring. But I can look this stuff up for you, and send diagrams

The Medic

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Cabin Air Filter Replacement