F-150 not shifting into reverse

RRLJESTER
  • 2002 FORD F-150
My 2002 Ford F150 will not shift in to reverse. Everything else seams to be fine, What could it be? Just had a transmition oil chance, new spark plugs and spark wires.
Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 AT 2:46 AM

Make sure the trans fluid is full. If it is, check reverse band in trans.
Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 AT 5:37 PM
JENNIFERWATKINS
  • 2002 FORD F-150
Transmission will not shift by its self. I have to manually and only stays in second gear. Replaced transmission three times. Could it be the gear shifter? It shifted once. My gear shifter is broke. Replaced transmission harnesses. I am lost.
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017 AT 3:20 PM (Merged)
SHAWNBOY31
  • 2002 FORD F-150
My name is shawn and I use y'all quiet a bit, I have been having transmission, I have a 2002 F-150, V-8, 5.4 Liter, automatic, 2 wheel drive, one morning a I backed up out of my drive way, put it into drive and literally drove 4 houses down to my buddies, I put my foot on the brake and went to put it into park, and it would not shift up from drive, it would go all the way down to 1st, up to 2nd, and up to drive, but Then will not go past that, so I put e brake on and killed the truck while in drive, I got under It and took cable off and I still could not shift it manually, I had my buddy mechanic come look at it and he just kept messing with it and finally it started shifting, he said there was no trash in pan, it looked pretty good, had plenty of fluid he said it did not look to burned, the truck never leaked or made a noise or no Idacator light, nothing it just stopped. When I drove the truck the other day which was 1st time since shifting problem, it drove fine but when I pull up to red light and your sitting there with foot on brake It starts idling very rough, whole truck shakes like your sitting on a chopper or in a hot rod. Then today I was doing about 30, slowed down to turn a corner and pressed on the gas, the truck just revved up, now it will not drive forward, when you put it down to 1st, up to 2nd or in drive, it will not go it just revs up, if I put it in reverse it takes off just fine. Can u please help me figure out what the hell is going on please, I can't offord to be down a vehicle.
Check fluid level first if you can may be low on fluid. Then have a trans guy look at it because if the pan was pulled an dfilter changed the filter may not be all the way in and causing this.
NICK BOX
  • 2001 FORD F-150
My truck will not shift from park brake lights work though, windows will not roll down on all four windows, side view mirrors do not move. The miles on the truck does not show up on the dash. The electric petals wont move from the switch and top console with direction has stopped as well.

Changed the Shift lock actuator thinking that was the problem, but nothing has changed. On my fuse panel half are getting power I checked with a test light the are not though.

Any an all help would be greatly helpful an appreciated.
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017 AT 3:21 PM (Merged)
Check fusible links in picture and check all fuses under hood.
+1
AL514
It seems you have lost power to this lower circuit on this diagram, the power comes from fuse number eight in the fuse junction box in the engine compartment. Not sure what fuse boxes you have checked, but highlighted in yellow you will see there are a couple of fuse-able links to check that run power to this fuse junction box.
+1
NICK BOX
All my fuse links are hot now to get it in gear I have to press the brake an pull in on the gear selector an then keep pulling on it when I crank the truck to be able to get it out of park, but still have no windows, wipers are working, and the electric pedals will not move.

Any other helpful tips would be a big help.
AL514
How Is the power issue going? You said half the fuse panel was dead. Still the same?
NICK BOX
Yes, still dead. No windows, no wipers, an no pedal movement. Still no current going to them even after checking the fuse links an resetting the battery.
AL514
Then you still have an open power circuit somewhere. Okay, here is another wiring diagram to go through. This junction box also contains a generic electronic module. So you may have to pull this fuse panel down and check behind it to see if there is anything going on there. Its under the left hand side of the dash, so driver's side. I am sorry we cannot be more help right off the bat, but we are not looking at the truck. We can only assess what we are being told about the vehicle. Keep digging for power issues. Something is not feeding power to a major circuit.
NICK BOX
Hey, I thank you for your help. It was not a fuse link, it was a 5-A fuse that was stopping it from shifting from park an the plug on the petals had became unplugged when taken out the dash. Plastics brake petal has gone back to working correctly now and I am able to shift back an forth into park because of one fuse.

Thanks for any and all help and diagrams that you sent. N. Box
KEN
Glad we could get it fixed please use 2CarPros. Com anytime we are here to help

Best, Ken
+1