2002 Ford F-150 crank shaft position censor

SCOOPI321
  • 2002 FORD F-150
First I had to replace the alternator then the battery ends, and now I had to buy a new battery, well it started twice and on the third time as soon as it started, it quit, my question is : could this be the crank shaft position censor?
I bought the truck in October last year only to find out later that it has been totaled and rebuilt. With a rebuilt title. Nice huh? Then the oil pan gasket had a leak so the seller charged me $390. To repair that,
we have had problems with the battery cables needing cleaned and disconnected and reconnected, then after all that we got it started and running and it sounded like it wasn't getting gas. So I hope this info helps you to understand the truck so you can help me. Sandra
Thursday, May 22nd, 2014 AT 11:02 AM

You'll need to scan for codes and check fuelpressure with a gauge first to see what is wrong if anything to not start. Also check fuses underhood in underhood fuse box. Autoparts rent the gauge
Thursday, May 22nd, 2014 AT 12:09 PM
SCOOPI321
Checking codes with a scanner is fine, except I cant start the truck to get to the auto store. And also I had popped a coil out to see if im getting spark, and there is no spark.
Thursday, May 22nd, 2014 AT 2:57 PM
See if autoparts will rent it without scanning you don't know what is wrong. You can test to see if crank sensor is getting voltage and maybe resistance of it bu tthat won't tell you much at all. Check fuses underhood aswell and if it has a anti theft which it may reset it lookonline for that.
Thursday, May 22nd, 2014 AT 3:33 PM
SCOOPI321
What would the theft device have to do with the truck starting or not. Now I talked to a mechanic and he said it is definitely the crank censor. By the way I do have power to the fusible link and the coil, but I didn't get anything at the censor, with key on and off, maybe it has to be running to get power at the censor, you think?
Thursday, May 22nd, 2014 AT 6:40 PM
Depending on the model if the anti theft is activated it may not send power to the ignition system or fuel system or both. But you are sure it 's the crank sensor have at it.
Friday, May 23rd, 2014 AT 5:49 AM
SCOOPI321
Hmac 300, hello, well the truck is an 02 ford f150, 4.6 lt. With 269530 miles. I did see that the anti-theft runs several things. But a mechanic told us that the problem was the censor, I hope that's all. Now to see if I can change it myself. Thanks
Saturday, May 24th, 2014 AT 7:26 AM
See pic for location
Saturday, May 24th, 2014 AT 9:02 AM
SCOOPI321
Hello again, we have changed the crank position censor as the old one looked burnt. But now everything is back together and it acts like it isn't getting gas
we have checked to see if everything is getting power and checked fuses as well, don't know what to do. We really need help. Sandra
Saturday, May 24th, 2014 AT 11:53 AM
SCOOPI321
Hi again, is it possible it may be the ignition coil, and if so where is it located? Thanks
Saturday, May 24th, 2014 AT 12:05 PM
Do what I said in the very first reply the pic I sent should point out the coils reset your anti theft like I said as well if no manual look online check all fuses underhood as well as fuel pump relay. You can switch another realy that has the same configuration as the fuel pump one.
Saturday, May 24th, 2014 AT 1:57 PM
SCOOPI321
Me again. Ok I took your advice, found online someone with same problem. They closed both doors and locked and unlocked doors several times and then my truck started. But is there anyway I can disconnect the anti-theft device. When I try to start it the anti-theft light blinks and it wont start. Even if I pill the fuse the light blinks. And it wont start. Thanks so much for your help
Saturday, May 24th, 2014 AT 4:44 PM
There is a way to bypass the anti theft but I amanot that familiar with it so can't give a good answer. I thik a resistor has to be installed someplace. Check wit a place that installs them and or a local repair shop. These can be reaired as well as ther eis something wrong with the system. Just remember anytime a battery is disconnected the anti theft has to be reset.
Sunday, May 25th, 2014 AT 7:50 AM
SCOOPI321
Hello, well I found out what the problem is. With the problem we have had with the battery and cables and disconnecting them cleaning and redoing them. The antitheft thought the truck was stolen so it wouldn't alow the truck to start. Which is a good thing, but I cant get the theft light to stop blinking so I can start the truck. Is there anyway I can disable the anti theft or disconnect it. Thanks for all you help, sandra
Sunday, May 25th, 2014 AT 3:33 PM
Thought I answered it in the last reply
Sunday, May 25th, 2014 AT 3:35 PM
SCOOPI321
Hello. Have you tried this.
Disconnect battery cables for 10 minutes so computer should reset itself, reconnect the cables, so theft light blinks every 5 seconds, with key is out or in off position, this means system is armed and working properly.
When trying to start the theft blinks and computer does not recognize key so try the spare key. And they are chip keys. Or here is another one

insert 1st key in ignition turn on and back off, remove and insert 2nd key turn to on then off before removing. Leave key in off until security lights turn on for 3 seconds and then repeat the process to reset and additional key, now. Sandra
Monday, May 26th, 2014 AT 12:13 PM
SCOOPI321
I just don't understand how to reset the anti-theft
Monday, May 26th, 2014 AT 2:07 PM
Have someone either do it for you or take this truck to a pro I have no further comments or suggestions.
Monday, May 26th, 2014 AT 3:31 PM
SCOOPI321
I called the dealer, and they said it sounds like it had lost its memory, so I guess that is where ill take it. I thank you for your help, it isn't my truck, its my sons, I was just trying to find some help for him, scoopi321
Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 AT 8:27 AM
Any garage can fix this you don't need to go to a dealer.
Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 AT 9:30 AM