IS IT SAFE TO DRIVE MY CAR?

2002 Ford Explorer

pdorson

September, 14, 2012 AT 4:13 AM

Explorer to repair garage if one of the plugs blows out of the head rather than pay the $150 tow fee. Stereotypical female that doesn't know the first thing about vehicle repairs. In the past three months 2 plugs have blown (number 6, number 2) out of the head of my 2002 explorer ( we now call it the exploder) and number 7 was diagnosed defective.

All three had new coils and plugs installed. While being repaired they also said " the valve cover and intake gaskets are leaking causing plug cyl to fill ". Is this the cause of the plugs blowing? This started happening after I took it for an oil change. Is it safe for me to drive? Last time it happened I was stranded on an interstate until I could find a garage willing to tow me at 5 in the morning.
What would be the approximate cost to repair so it won't happen again?
thanks for any help you can give.

September, 14, 2012 AT 10:02 AM

Lots of issues with cylinder heads. You cannot drive like this. It is unsafe to do this.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro