ENGINE STALLS

2002 Ford Explorer

tsen77

December, 29, 2010 AT 4:52 PM

I have an '02 explorer sporttrac, and when it reaches operationg temp, and you apply the brake, the engine stalls out when you reach a complete stop. If you apply the brake a little at a time, it doesn't stall.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

tsen77

Further information about the stalling problem I'm having: we changed the idle control valve, and EGR valve, no luck in fixing the problem. I did figure out that if I shift it into nuetral it won't stall when I stop, but, it dies when I put it back in drive. Can this be a bad sensor in the transmission, or other trans. Related issue?

tsen77

More on my stalling issue. We replaced the EGR valve, and Idle control valve, no luck, problem still exists. I have found that if I shift into nuetral when I stop, it won't die, but, dies as soon as I shift into drive. Is there a sensor on the trans somewhere, or some other trans. Related issue maybe?