I have a 2002 ford explorer 4.6 L, V8. I've had a spark plug eject from my engine twice, and my vehicle hasn't been running right since. I replaced the same spark plug and wire both times. When I have started my car, I have noticed a strong gas-like smell. It idles a little rougher than before. I used to not be able to tell my car was on sometimes, now it idles differently. It got to the point that it would have a hard time idling. It would either idle at less than 1000 rpm and then shut off and show a battery light. When I would step on the gas, my lights would get brighter and the light would go off. Now, it wont start at all. My check engine light is on, it tries to turn over, but it almost acts as if its out of gas. The stereo and everything comes on when I try to start it, but it will not turn over.
Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 AT 5:18 PM